Saturday, January 20, 2007

Trip to the Range

After almost 10 years, I finally got to go on a trip to "the range". That is where all the air planes go to practice the bomb dropping and gun shooting. It is a 3 hour drive away or 20 min by plane, out to the middle of the Arizona nowhere. While we were there, a four ship of A-10s and a two ship of F-16s came in for practice.

The Target for the big Guns
Don't worry we were gone by the time the planes were rolling in... :)

After dropping a bomb....
Getting ready for another go
After the straif (big gun)...and some of the dust cleared
This dust cloud was from another Jet. Compare the two dust clouds. This one is tiny compared to the A-10 dust cloud...


1 comment:

Andrea and Ben said...

Fun! I did that last time I was here and cannot wait to get another chance. Very cool!

A quick Up-to-Date...

For some, it has been a while......so here is where we are at in our lives. I (Helena) am now a nurse, have been for about 4 years, but now I am in graduate school for my PhD (2nd year) at the University of Arizona College of Nursing. Some would say that I am a perpetual student....not so. I just found my true passion, nursing and then research, later in life after I had already finished one BS in Animal Science at Davis. Matt is just finishing up almost 10 years in the Air Force as an A-10 Pilot. His last flight will be on Feb. 1st and he will be a civilian in March. He is now Major Matt Morrison (As of the first of the year)....which has a ring to it. No job secured yet in the civilian world but stay tuned to the blog for more info on that! Check out our pictures for a look at what we do for fun, and travel.....